Powell Memorial Library
MCI's Powell Memorial Library media center is the academic hub of the school, providing access to electronic and print sources that support the curriculum and guide students in the effective use of ideas and information. The center encourages independent thinking, intellectual curiosity, and lifelong learning.
The media center provides print and electronic sources that include:
• A fiction and nonfiction collection of over 8,000 books that support the curriculum
• Online databases including encyclopedias, full-text newspapers, streaming video, journals, and magazines, health information, and more
• Destiny, the online catalog of the library's holdings
• Audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs
• A growing manga and graphic novel collection
• A cozy reading room
• Project boxes filled with supplies such as scissors, markers, glue, rulers, tape, colored pencils, and more
The Tech Lab offers space for students to be creative. A photo and video studio includes a green screen and lighting, a 3-D printer, digital cameras, and a digital recorder. The Tech Lab also features two iMac workstations with iBook Author, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite (including PhotoShop), and iMovie.
The Learning Commons coordinator is available throughout the school day to accommodate student needs: one-on-one writing workshops, SAT and TOEFL test prep, peer tutoring, MLA/ALA/Chicago formatting resources and guidance, and individual conferences for students working on Manson Essays and senior projects.
The Ella Powell Seminar Room is available for special work groups.