Be a part of the MCI community: we are looking for people who share our values and can help us reach everyone's goals!
Maine Central Institute considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, marital status, veteran's status, or physical or mental disability. We offer reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with a disability. MCI offers generous health benefits, on-campus housing, access to campus offerings (dining services, library and athletic facilities when available).
To begin the application process, download the MCI Application for Employment
(If you have problems accessing the employment application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send completed application to
Maine Central Institute
295 Main Street
Pittsfield, ME 04967
MCI is an equal opportunity employer.
Head of School: The MCI Board of Trustees seeks an individual who is prepared and motivated to build on MCI’s many strengths and position the school for future growth and prosperity. Among other attributes, this person will be an engaging community leader who is comfortable being the public face of the school, an achiever with a business mindset and demonstrable entrepreneurial capabilities, an educator philosophically aligned with the direction of the school, and one who honors international culture while also embracing the lifestyle of Central Maine and the Town Academy model. Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Deirdre Ling or John Mackenzie for that document)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to Deirdre Ling, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (508-423-1605; email@example.com) or John Mackenzie, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (614-207-1006; firstname.lastname@example.org).
MCI is seeking individuals to serve as substitute teachers on an on-call basis throughout the school year. Candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Interested candidates should email a completed MCI job application to Eveline Bailey, Dean of Academics (email: email@example.com) or mail to:
Eveline Bailey, Dean of Academics
Maine Central Institute
295 Main Street
Pittsfield, Maine 04967
Immediate Open Position
The individual in this position will oversee all aspects of Maine Central Institute recruitment, admission, and enrollment of day and boarding students. This individual will collaborate closely with members of the marketing and communications team in order to promote the School to prospective families. The primary goal of this position is to sustain healthy enrollment at the school, elevate the MCI brand, and meet enrollment and revenue goals. The Dean of Admissions will report to the Head of School.
- Experience in sales/recruitment/admissions
- Team management and leadership skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outgoing personality
- Capacity to travel extensively, both internationally (primarily) and within the United States
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including availability to work longer hours during the week and on weekends as needed
- Significant technology and data management abilities and prior experience
Representative tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- Travel internationally to recruit boarding students and promote MCI; attending recruitment fairs, seminars, meeting and interviewing prospective students
- Maintain existing and develop new partnerships with international schools
- Assist with strategic planning school-wide
- Form and maintain effective relationships with partner schools, agents, families, and students
- Manage all aspects of application process in order to enroll qualified applicants, grades 9-12, PG, boarding and day
- Collaborate with marketing and communications personnel to promote MCI as a premiere independent school choice
- Cooperate and collaborate with Academic and Residential Life staff to maximize boarding student retention
- Oversee the financial aid process
- Responsible for international fundraising
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Head of School to ensure the effectiveness of the Admissions Office and support the mission of the School.
- Prior admissions and/or program recruitment experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid passport (at least six months)
Interested candidates should submit the following documents electronically to Kelly McCormick (email: firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- List of five professional references with contact information (references will not be contacted without candidate’s prior knowledge)
- Recommendation letters may be submitted in addition