Make a Gift to MCI
MCI offers various ways to give to the School. The money we receive is used to enhance MCI, benefit its students or develop new opportunities for our community. When you give to MCI, you can request your gift benefits the entire school or a specific department or activity.
You can give securely to MCI using one of the following options.
Please make checks payable to Maine Central Institute and be sure to include your name and class year (if applicable). Please send to:
Maine Central Institute
295 Main St
Pittsfield, ME 04967
By Credit/Debit Card
To make a secure gift with a credit/debit card, call the Advancement Office at (207) 487-5915 or use our secure giving site
Appreciated Securities (Stocks)
Please contact the Advancement Office at (207) 487-5915 to get specific instructions to conduct an electronic transfer.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many gifts to MCI qualify for corporate matches from an employer. This is a great opportunity to double or even triple your gift to MCI. Please contact the Advancement Office at (207) 487-5915 or your human resources department to see if you qualify.
A planned gift benefits MCI at a future point in time. Unlike an outright gift that provides MCI full benefit upon receipt, a planned gift defers the School's use of transferred assets until the death of a donor or until the end of a specific period of time.
MCI offers several charitable gift planning services to alumni, parents and friends. We can help you explore an option that will allow you and your family to make a great difference to present and future MCI generations.
If you would like a member of MCI's Advancement Staff to contact you about Planned Giving opportunities at MCI, please contact the MCI Advancement Office at (207) 487-5915 or complete our Planned Giving Contact Request at the right.
A bequest is a convenient way to make a gift to the School. By means of your will, you can name MCI as the beneficiary of a portion of your estate or of particular assets in your estate. Assets you can give are as follows:
- Cash: Maximize your charitable deduction and deliver immediate benefits to MCI.
- Appreciated Securities: Get the same tax deduction as if you had given cash, but use stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares that cost you less than they are currently worth.
- Life Insurance: You may transfer ownership of a paid-up policy you no longer need or use a new policy to name MCI as owner and beneficiary.
- Personal Property: Artwork, books, collectibles and any other tangible items can be donated to secure an income tax deduction for a full fair market value if it meets MCI's mission.
- Retirement Plans: Designating MCI as the beneficiary of a retirement account (IRA, 401k, Keogh, and 403b) cause the charitable gift to be tax deductible for estate tax purposes.
- Real Estate: If you own property that is fully paid off, an outright gift may be the simplest solution. You can deduct the fair market value of your gift, avoid all capital gains taxes and remove that asset from your taxable estate.
The Heritage Society recognizes and thanks those who have included the School in their will or estate plans. Members of the Heritage Society are listed in annual donor reports and Heritage Society promotions. We are grateful to the many members who invite you to join them in remembering MCI.
To join the Heritage Society, simply confirm in writing that you have included MCI in your will or estate plans. If you have already included MCI in your gift planning and wish to be included as a member of the Heritage Society, please contact the Advancement Office at (207) 487-5915 or or (207) 487-3355 ext. 137 (email:email@example.com).
Specific details of your planned gift are strictly confidential.
Please complete the information below to receive more information about MCI's Planned Giving opportunities.