BBT Audition Process
Auditions are made in person or by submitting an audtion video. In-person auditions take place on MCI's campus in our Founders Studio. There is a $30 audition fee, which includes a class and full evaluation by the artistic director, Natalya Getman. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment for an audition.
For students who are unable to visit the MCI campus in Maine, we offer video auditions. Students mail their audition DVDs with their $20 audition fee to:
Bossov Ballet Theatre
Maine Central Institute
295 Main Street
Pittsfield, ME 04967
Please send links to YouTube and other online audition videos to email@example.com
If a dancer has participated in Bossov's Summer Intensive Program for the previous two years, s/he can send a current picture in arabesque position en pointe (if applicable) in lieu of a video.
BBT video audition requirements:
- State the dancer's name, age, school where currently studying ballet and length of en pointe (if applicable).
- Include short bar work including plié, battement tendu, adagio, grand battement (combinations should be done to one side only).
- Center work should include adagio, turning combination, petite and grand allegro.
- Female dancers should include pointe work that includes, but is not limited to, échappé, relevé passé, and turns that are appropriate for the level of the dancer's technique. If the dancer is a beginner en pointe, combinations could be done facing the bar.
- Advanced female dancers should include any classical variation en pointe.
- Advanced male dancers should include any classical variation.