Summer Intensive Application
If you would like to apply for any of our Young Dancer summer programs for children 4-10 years old, please fill out the form on our Young Dancer Page.
Due to the high demand for the program, we recommend submitting all application materials by March 15, 2020. Applications may be submitted after March 15; however, they will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis if space is available. No new applications will be accepted after April 25, 2020.
Either a video or in-person audition is required as part of the application for Bossov Ballet Theatre's Summer Intensive Program. In-person auditions take place on MCI's campus in our Founders Studio or during our Summer Audition Tour. In-person auditions will not be scheduled after April 15. Video auditions will be reviewed until April 25. Please fill out the application in order to submit a video. Detailed instructions of video requirements can be found below.
There is a non-refundable $25 in-person audition/registration fee that includes a class with Artistic Director Natalya Getman.
If a dancer participated in Bossov's Summer Intensive Program last year, s/he can send a current picture in first arabesque position en pointe (if applicable) in lieu of a video, but must still register via our application page (fee will apply).
Audition Video Requirements:
- State the dancer's name, age, school where currently studying ballet and length of time en pointe (if applicable).
- Short barre work including plié, battement tendu, adagio, grand battement (combinations should be done to one side only).
- Center work should include: adagio, turning combination, petite and grand allegro.
- Female dancers should include pointe work that includes échappé, relevé passé, and turns that are appropriate for the level of the dancer's technique. If the dancer is a beginner en pointe, combinations could be done facing the bar.
- Advanced female dancers should include any classical variation en pointe.
- Advanced male dancers should include any classical variation.