Summer Intensive Application
Due to the high demand for the program, we recommend submitting all application materials by Friday, March 15, 2019. Applications may be submitted after March 15; however, they will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis if space is available. No new applications will be accepted after April 25, 2019.
If you wish to submit a video application please visit https://app.getacceptd.com/bossovballettheatre. You will need to create an account and submit an application at that location.
Either a video or in-person audition is required as part of the application for Bossov Ballet Theatre's Summer Intensive Program. In-person auditions take place on MCI's campus in our Founders Studio or during our Summer Audition Tour. In-person auditions will not be scheduled after April 15. Video auditions will be reviewed until April 25.
There is a non-refundable $30 in-person audition/registration fee that includes a class with Artistic Director Natalya Getman.
In-person auditions can be coordinated by calling (207) 487-2282 ext. 221 or by email (email@example.com).
Video audition DVDs can be submitted at https://app.getacceptd.com/bossovballettheatre
If a dancer participated in Bossov's Summer Intensive Program last year, s/he can send a current picture in first arabesque position en pointe (if applicable) in lieu of a video, but must still register via our application page (fee will apply).
Audition Video Requirements:
- State the dancer's name, age, school where currently studying ballet and length of time en pointe (if applicable).
- Short barre work including plié, battement tendu, adagio, grand battement (combinations should be done to one side only).
- Center work should include: adagio, turning combination, petite and grand allegro.
- Female dancers should include pointe work that includes échappé, relevé passé, and turns that are appropriate for the level of the dancer's technique. If the dancer is a beginner en pointe, combinations could be done facing the bar.
- Advanced female dancers should include any classical variation en pointe.
- Advanced male dancers should include any classical variation.