Summer Golf Academy
In collaboration with JW Parks Junior Golf Academy, our Summer Golf Academy is open to students in grades 7-12 who want to learn the game of golf while developing skills and making friends in the state of Maine. Summer Golf Academy is an innovative and exciting opportunity to play golf in a caring & nurturing environment with experienced coaches, athletic trainers and educators. Please click here to view our Summer Golf Academy Brochure.
Learn to navigate the junior golf landscape in the United States to provide a path to collegiate golf.
-NEPGA Junior Tour
-Local Junior Events
In the evenings, campers enjoy outdoor group activities like swimming, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and more during leisure time. Field trips to Maine’s iconic coast and golf courses add to this wonderful opportunity!
Locations: MCI Campus in Pittsfield, Maine; JW Parks Golf Course in Pittsfield, Maine
Costs: Includes room, board and transportation (does not include flight to USA, Boston accommodations and activities, or spending/shopping)
General Program Overview
|7:30-8:30 am:||Breakfast in MCI Dining Hall & transportation to
JW Parks Golf Course
|8:30-11:00 am:||Swing & Short Game Training|
|12:00-1:00 pm:||Chalk Talk|
|4:30-6:00 pm:||Dinner & Free Time|
|6:00-7:00 pm:||Strength & Conditioning and/or fun cultural experiences|
Weekend schedule will vary based upon experiential and discovery learning activities
When: July 5, 2021 to August 6, 2021
Where: MCI campus, Pittsfield, Maine, USA
Ages: students entering grade 7 to grade 12
Costs (due by June 18, 2020):
- $1,499 USD per week for boarding campers - includes all laboratory equipment and supplies, room, board, and weekend project travel. Students are responsible for airfare to/from the United States and visa fee, if applicable.
- $999 USD per week for day campers - includes all equipment and supplies. Does not include travel to and from MCI.
For more information, contact Scott Giallombardo at (207) 487-3355 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Come learn from 2015 MCI graduate and instructor, Gavin Dugas, who was the first Maine Player to win the New England Schoolboy Championship!!!!!
Certified in PGA Coaching and Teaching
Michael has obtained one of the highest certifications the PGA of America offers. Many years of teaching and coaching make him the perfect choice for A Summer Golf Academy!
Michael is an accomplished PGA Professional who after college played on several of the mini-tours in the Orlando and West Palm Beach area prior to becoming a PGA Professional in 1994. Over those years Michael has achieved many awards.
- 1997 & 1998 KVAC B Coach of the Year
- Team State Champions 1998 at Maine Central Institute
- 2002 Maine PGA Player of the Year
- 2000 & 2001 Maine Professional of the Year
- 2003 New England Section Bill Strausbaugh Award Winner
- Cape Neddick Course record 64
- JW Parks Course record 61
- Qualified for 2013 & 2014 Club Professional Championship
- 2014 Named Husson University Men’s and Women’s Head Coach
- 2015 & 2017 North Atlantic Conference Coach of the Year
- 2020 National Senior Club Professional Cahmpionsip
Notable Students Include:
- Eric Dugas – 2016 Maine Class B State Champion | 2015 & 2106 Morning Sentinel Player of the Year | 2017 North Atlantic Conference Rookie of the Year | 2017 12th NCAA D3 National Championship | 2019 NAC Player of the Year
- Daulton Wickenden - Maine State Junior Champion | 2015 NAC Rookie of the year | 2018 NIEGA Individual Champion
- Seth Sweet – (short game & Fitness) 2012 Maine State Amatuer Champion | Four year started D1 Old Dominion
- Gavin Dugas – Northeast-10 Rookie of the Year | 2012, 2013 and 2014 Morning Sentinel Player of the Year | 2014 State Class B Champion & 2014 New England Schoolboy Champion (First Maine Winner) | 2017 North Atlantic Conference Player of the year | NCAA D3 National Championship 16th Place Finish
- Luke Hobika – 4th Place New York State Amatuer
- Sam Marzenell – 3 Time Class B State Champion.
Michael is also a Callaway Staff Member. Michael will utilize a state of the art video analysis system that allows the student to bring the lesson home to their computer as well as getting a lesson from anywhere in the world via the internet.