Mid-Year Exam Information
The following is an explanation of the first semester examination schedule (January 18 – 20), including policies and procedures:
• Monday Holiday: January 16 is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. There are no classes.
• Exam Review: Review will be done in classes the week before exams.
• Snow Days: If a snow day occurs during the examination schedule, the missed day will be made up on the following school day.
• Attendance: Students must report to their scheduled exam room on time and in appropriate school attire. No one will be admitted late or dressed inappropriately. Please note that exam and lunch times are slightly different on Wednesday, January 18.
• Students who miss exams because of an excusable absence are to see their teacher to work out arrangements for a make-up to be given. These arrangements should be made immediately upon return to school after the absence.
• If a student is not scheduled for an exam during an exam period, s/he is not required to be in attendance. Students who wish to remain on campus to study may do so, provided they do not disrupt those taking exams. The library and the student lounge by the Dining Hall are the designated study spaces.
• Lunch: Lunch will be served from 11:15 – 12:15 on Wednesday, January 18, and from 11:45 – 12:45 on Thursday and Friday, January 19 and 20.
• Buses: Buses will run at normal times.
• SCTC: Students who attend SCTC will continue their Skowhegan rotation during the week of exams.
• Exam Scores: The mid-year exam score may count up to 20% of the semester grade. It does not impact the second quarter grade.
• 2nd Semester Classes: The second semester begins Monday, January 23. Students should check their schedules for their 2nd semester classes with their Advisor, through their PowerSchool account, or with the Academic Office. Students are reminded to turn in their 1st semester books to Mrs. Morton in the Bookstore during exam week.
Please take a moment to review the examination schedule. If you have additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Academic Office at 487-4453.
Dean of Academics