The library media center at Maine Central Institute is the academic hub of the school, providing access to electronic and print sources that support the curriculum and guide students in the effective use of ideas and information. The center encourages independent thinking, intellectual curiosity, and lifelong learning.
to see what classes are booked in the Powell Library.
Note: you can't edit this calendar! If you want to book time in the library, please call ext. 114.
The Powell Library Media Center provides a range of print and electronic sources that include the following:
• A fiction and nonfiction collection of over 8,000 books that support the curriculum
• 30 networked computer workstations with Microsoft Office software
• Online databases including encyclopedias, full-text newspapers, streaming video, journals, and magazines, health information, and much more.
• Destiny, the online catalog of the library's holdings
• Audio books, videos, DVDs, CDs, and numerous periodicals and newspapers
• A variety of audio/visual equipment
• A growing manga and graphic novel collection
• A cozy reading room with beanbag chairs
• Project boxes filled with supplies such as scissors, markers, glue, rulers, tape, colored pencils and more
The Ella Powell Seminar Room is available for special work groups.