English as a Second Language
MCI's goal is to prepare students for the rigors of the mainstream classroom and success in post secondary education endeavors. To this end, MCI offers an ESL program tailored to the language needs of its students. The ESL program, with a 20-year track record of excellence, has catered to the needs of students from more than 25 countries. The program is divided into three tiers of language proficiency: beginning, intermediate and advanced.
Click here for information about MCI's Summer ESL School Orientation and Language Immersion Course.
ESL Classes Offered Include:
ESL Lit I
ESL Writing I
ESL Speaking I & II
ESL Algebra I & II
ESL World History
- The ESL faculty has combined experience of more than 70 years working with the language needs of international students.
- The ESL faculty is available to students after school, in the evening, and on weekends.
- The program offers a safe, nuturing atmosphere in which to learn.
- All courses are designed to help students acquire the language and skills necessary for a post secondary education.
- ESL students receive individual attention and support during regular ESL class time.
- ESL students develop compensation skills to level the playing fields with their American counterparts.
- Intensive TOEFL and SAT preparation study sessions are offered.
- TOEFL and the SAT I and II are given on campus.
- Individual scores from pre-testing and post-testing are available to students and parents.